Monday, October 17, 2005

Tiff's Great Idea

Okay. Let me start out by saying that I am in my mid-20s, and I have been spending waaaaay too much time in the children’s room at the local public library. Why? I have been rereading the Baby-sitters Club books that I was obsessed with when I was a tween. My mom gave all my books to my younger cousins, so I can’t read my old copies. But once the seed was planted (thanks to Jessy), I became obsessed with getting my hands on them. Hence, the local public library.

So, I decided after a few weeks of “OH MY GOD! I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE FAMOUS CITIES SKIRT!” etc, I should post my journey back to my permed days in public…I do love the public humiliation…Anyhoo, I’m not reading the series in order, but I intend to make it all the way through the series, even past the point when I stopped reading the first time around. And I will post my reaction to each book (and if I get truly ambitious, I’ll try to find the videos/other related series) for your entertainment.

This meeting of the Baby-sitters Club will come to order...

8 comments:

Loki said...

This is the best idea ever!

Cat said...

I love your idea Tiff. I found my old BSC books a while back when my parent's were moving and then this year I found out that I'm going to have a daughter in late Dec. and now I'm obsessed with completing my collection. It really bugs me that I have books 1-6 and then they skip to #17. I've been looking on e-bay to fill in the gaps.

MrsNichols said...

My sister and I used to read these books too, I'm going to enjoy reading this! I love your sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the BSC books! Did you ever read the Sweet Valley Twins books?

Anonymous said...

Keep it coming! I am a 23 yr old college grad, just moved back in with my parents and while I was looking for a job started reading these books again. My friends think I'm an idiot but I don't care. Also, have you noticed how Ann M. Martin says Cokie's last name is Gray? I thought it was Mason...

meg said...

Amazingly great idea.

creativemachine said...

i love that you called the meeting to order at 5:28. LOL, just sayin'

achies: what happens to my head every time i try to picture one of claudia's hideous outfits. :P

Rona said...

What a cool idea! I just stumbled upon your blog (after a "which baby-sitters club member are you" quiz on facebook prompted me to Google BSC) and I am very eager to read all your posts!

I'm guessing we're close to the same age, because I, too, was OBSESSED with the books, then lost interest a little toward the end as I got up there in years in high school.

I was DEVASTATED, though, to learn my mother had given away my entire collection of BSC! (My mom is a librarian and is convinced that no book should ever sit on a shelf ... it should be given away!)

But I was SOOOOOO proud of my collection, each book bought quarter-by-quarter from my baby-sitting money. I had really hoped to pass the books along one day, and, as I see now, perhaps enjoy them again in adulthood.

I look forward to reading through your posts! Thanks for doing this!!