Sunday, November 27, 2005

Confusing Cover Art

I love how the cover paintings of the books are so inconsistent...Not only do characters look different ages from cover to cover, but sometimes they're just plain wrong. How many times do the books mention that Dawn's hair is crazy long and super white-blond, yet on the covers, she and Stacey have the same hair--shoulder length, medium blond, really full...No hippy-dippy bleached out long hair...The covers from after I stopped reading do a better job with the ages than the early ones. Sometimes they look 13 or so, but other times they look like they're old enough to vote. And Jessi. She looks like completely different girls from cover to cover; everything looks different, from facial features to hair length.




Anyway, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a little while. My regular life has been all over the place lately. I'll be posting either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Oh my god. Oh. My. God. OH MY GOD! THis is unbelievable! Jenny Prezzioso and Karen in the BSC? Char- char and Becca? And VANESSA in rhyme- world! OMG, THIS HAS MADE MY DAY IT'S SO PITIFUL!

Anonymous said...

My sister actually used to draw the covers when we were younger to make them more accurate. An 8-year-old was more accurate than the artist that was hired!
By the way, we are both loving this blog!