Wednesday, December 21, 2005

how sad am i?

I had a dream that involved the BSC last night. Well, not really the BSC, but my search for BSC books...

I was visiting the dream-version of a city I may be moving to in real life, and I found a used bookstore in a pseudo-Chinatown-esque warehouse district (note: this particular small city has no Chinatown). So, I'm browsing, and they have the MOTHERLOAD of BSC books. Only problem is, they only have the later ones, which I wasn't familiar with...Now, in real-life, these titles don't exist. I wish I could remember some of the titles and cover art that my twisted little head came up with...

Sorry, I didn't have time to read one of the books this week...Hopefully, I'll have time to do some reading over the holiday weekend...

6 comments:

Teresa said...

That's semi-weird, because I've had the same dream about finding all of these "later" books that don't really exist.

This blog is great. :o)

poppy said...

OMG i have had almost the exact same dream, except in mine i went to this weird library (yip, a library!) that does'nt actually exsist, and they had all these "BSC" books in the bargain bin thing, (and i was going crazy to grab them all, but then it ended up i had no money!) and they were all these books i had never heard of with all these weird characters and they were called things like book #3412 and stuff. the worst part is i have similar dreams more than once :(

Anonymous said...

It's funny that other people have had bsc dreams too. bc it was actually a dream that I had that inspired me to start collecting the books again. I prolly would have never found this site if it hadn't been for that dream.

Bec said...

I used to be obsessed with Sweet Valley High, and sadly, I have had the same dream! Boxes upon boxes of unreleased or rare books..all mine. Such joy, and such dismay upon waking. Um, and I find it really freaky that three other people have posted reporting the same sort of dreams. At least we're not complete weirdos.
PS: This blog absolutely rocks.

Anonymous said...

Hee that sounds like a dream I had once about "Book # 176". I couldn't remember the title, but the cover had Dawn with a handful of gold and the rest of the BSC amazed. They were on an island at nighttime. I was sooo excited in the dream!

(At this point, I had been looking for new BSC books like forever and couldn't find any, particularly Stacey vs. the BSC. I still haven't found it)

Julie Fedele said...

I've had the same dream too :) How very freaky!