Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Show, don’t tell; or, Kristy’s Great Idea, graphic-novel style

Okay, so this one’s a little different, but I had to post about it. I picked up the BSC graphic novel this weekend, and it is AWESOME! Seriously. The story is pretty much exactly the same as the original Kristy’s Great Idea, but it’s amazing what taking out stilted prose can do for a story. Sure, some parts are still a little unbelievable. But it’s really fun. The drawing is really cute, and the story just moves along. Highly recommended.




So, wow! I’m really psyched that so many people are really into what I’m doing here! And I’m really flattered by all the great things people are saying about my blog. I started this whole thing up as an experiment, and I never thought so many people would be interested. So thanks for reading! And thanks for commenting and mentioning me on your blogs and all that. I’m going to try to be really, really good at posting every week [and I’m thinking about all the offers to guest blog] now that people other than my friends are reading.

Coming tomorrow or Thursday: Stacey and the Bad Girls…

8 comments:

Little Willow said...

Please contact me if you do open up to guest bloggers! :)

puck said...

i created a livejournal syndicated account for you! it's at this page, so you should tell folks so that your livejournal fans can watch from there.

xo

Rebecca said...

I also read the graphic novel this weekend! It was really cute. At first I was upset because I felt it would keep kids from reading the real thing, and then I remembered -- the original is out of print and the only way to find it is on ebay or similar sites.

I do wonder if I would have gotten the whole story if I hadn't read the actual book, though. Like, would I have known that the reason Kristy and Mary Anne have a flashlight signal is because she can't be on the phone that late because of her strict dad? And would I have known that Claudia hides her junk food because her parents hate it? But mainly, it was way cute.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog from the VH1 Best Week Ever website, and I just wanted to let you know what a great job you're doing!! I absolutely WORSHIPPED the BSC when I was younger, and LOVE this look back into my childhood. At the risk of sounding 1994, you go girl! I will be a faithful reader!

Chrissy :-)

Rebecca said...

I would totally be down to be a guest blogger!

Kacie said...

Guest bloging here would be AMAZING.
vipkacie@gmail.com

Cristin said...

Love, love, love. Please keep going! and I'd guest blog anytime!

tiff said...

Glad you're getting good press...you deserve it!