So, Claudia's selling the ugliest earrings ever made at a craft fair, right? And Miss Olga, because she thinks Claud is "a talented young designer," orders a bunch for her shop, giving Claud a $50 bill as deposit. And Claudia leaves them at Kristy's for some reason I can't quite gauge. And they go missing! Oh no!!!!!!! So, they blame Julie (the weekend help at Kristy's). Turns out, Karen stole them in a cry for attention. See, Kristy's been treating Karen like the pit stain she is...So, they throw a surprise birthday to apologize to Julie.
And, cause I won't fuck with a classic, here's the list!
- They all have crazy raincoats. Of course.
- In this show, they ALWAYS had the girls talking in unison. And making dumbass faces.
- Speaking of dumbasses:
I hate you, Karen. I think you might even be more annoying here than in the books.
- There's this whole plant sale thing. I'm not sure why. But Lil' Pete both carries a cactus [I carried a watermelon?!?] and steals flowers from the garden where they're selling the plants...to sell.
- Hee. "Claudia's Treasures" or "Treasures by Claudia."
- This is Julie. She walks funny and has two different sets of glasses: one for school and one for movies. Huh?
- Oh, when Kristy and Claudia find out the "jewels" are missing? Kristy's first reaction is to call an emergency meeting of the BSC. Yep.
- The BSC are all superspies, following Julie to figure out if she's the thief. And being "undercover" apparently involves wearing neon sunglasses:
- Oh, the Jersey accents!
- Um, there's not a parent in this show. Yeah.
- "This is a special tree, and you are a special girl. But you can't just take things." Truer words have never been spoken...Except maybe, SHUT THE FUCK UP, KAREN, YOU LITTLE IDIOT!!!!
- Happy ending!!! Hooray!!!