Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Teeny update!

So, they're rereleasing the BSC books, right? And THEY'RE NOT CHANGING THE CLOTHES! Sure, they're updating the technology and talking about ipods instead of walkmans and adding a bunch of references to cell phones (or so I hear), but there will still be famous cities skirts and ice cream cone style roll down socks! And lobster earrings! And suspenders! I guess that now that 80s fashions have come around again (and again) (and again), the pubs think it's just fine to have a book full of horrible style! Yay!

(Again, this is all rumor-ish. I have a "source" that gave me this info; it's not first hand.)

I'm still super busy, but I miss blogging, so I'm in the idea stage of a project that might bring me back...No promises, but I have some ideas...

10 comments:

Kate said...

WHAaaaaa....? Either do all or none, don't half ass it. The dated clothes are part of the series' charm now. BSC is "retro" and that's fine.

angelique said...

When I searched on Amazon, I saw two updated-looking books released last week, along with a prequel. A FREAKING PREQUEL!

Anonymous said...

Oh no... please don't subject a fresh young generation to tights with clocks on them, overalls with paint splashes on them, and those hundred other horrors...!

alysia said...

http://www.whatclaudiawore.com/

a blog about bsc fashion. personally i love it and am glad they aren't changing it.

bellabride said...

Hi...

I love this. I contemplated reading my old copies a couple of months ago when I found them in my garage. Now I think I will.

I've included you in my blog today about BSC revival. http://mummydiaries.com.au/blog/

Breanne said...

This blog is fantastic. I just discovered you today and I will be checking back often!

I love the idea that they're keeping the clothes. Too funny! It was definitely part of the charm when I read them as a 8, 9, 10-year-old.

Suzanne said...

Awesome!

Also, what was the link for the site that had the really good high-res scans of all the different covers?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they'd rewrite them! I mean, I'd definately read them, just to see, but...sacrilege!!

Anonymous said...

I found this on Wikipedia about Barbies. I just found your blog yesterday, so maybe you know this already, but I thought it might be the inspiration for Stacy's favorite kids.

"The doll [Barbie] was marketed as a "Teen-age Fashion Model," with her clothes created by Mattel fashion designer Charlotte Johnson."

This is a great blog and brings back some fun reading memories. Thanks!

MellyBean2 said...

I had no interest in getting new copies since I have kept every single Ann M. Martin I've collected (heck, I've kept every single book I've ever collected), but I really want to see if they make changes. Hadn't thought about it, but I guess it would make sense. Hilarious!